I can suggest many practice projects. The following are some of the projects which I have done. You could try them. If you have any doubts you could ask me the solutions. I would be glad to help you..
2. In an online banking system, active customer accounts are maintained in a file using account number as the key. To speed up access, an index file is also maintained that stores for each account number in ascending order the location of the corresponding record in the accounts file. Write a program for the following banking transactions : opening a new account, balance enquiry, deposit to an account, withdrawal from an account and closing of an account. Your program should first do a binary search in the index file to fetch the record for the given record from the accounts file.
3. Write a function which creates a family tree. Each person is represented by a structure that contains the person's name and pointers to parents, spouse and children. Use this tree in a program which determines whether two persons are cousins.
Write an interactive co-ordinate geometry program that enables the user
to write simple commands to draw figures of various shapes to which user
may give names. For example the user may type
5. Write a program to plot the curve y = x2 for -1 < x < 1
Write a program that allows two users to play a TIC TAC TOE game. The
program should ask the moves alternately from player X and O. The game displays
its positions as
The players enter their moves by providing the position number. After each move the program displays a changed board. A Sample board configuration is as follows
Extend the above program so that, in case of a single player, the computer could play as the second player.
7. Write a
program which reads a positive integer N and determines the smallest
integer n such that n>N and x2+y3+z4=n,
where x>y>z and x, y, z are positive integers.
8. Write a simple TEXT FORMATTER to format raw text into pages of specified size, say 55 lines of 60 characters each. The text in each line should be adjusted both on left and right margins by including the maximum possible words in a line and adding extra blanks between the words. Two front slashes at the start of the sentence in a raw text mark the beginning of a new paragraph. The formatter should also print the title of the text and the page number at the top of each page.
2. Develop a C++ program that will determine if a department store customer has exceeded the credit limit on a charge account. For each customer the following facts are available.